September 3, 2019 – Collinge Ranch – Eureka, KS
TO RSVP: CONTACT LINDSAY SHORTER prior to Aug 26
(620) 583-7455 or email Lindsay here.
Registration will begin at 8:30 AM, tour departs at 9:00
- Tour of summer burned pastures with discussions about associated weight gains and effects on nuisance plants – Mike Collinge
- Water developments, management, and effects on land and livestock – Bob Culbertson
- K-State research on summer fire as an alternative management technique – KC Olsen
- Discussion and demonstration (weather permitting) of drones to locate and target invasive Sericea Lespedeza – Kelsey Porter
- Effects of summer burning on Old-World Bluestem – Bill Edward
Free picnic lunch (provided by Greenwood Co 4-H) & range plant ID walk
Organization Meetings following lunch: KGLC, SRM, TLA, and GC Cattlemen Toronto Lake
Brought to you by the Collinge Ranch, Greenwood County Conservation District, and many others!